By accessing and using this service, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provisions of this agreement. In addition, when using these particular services, you shall be subject to the posted Commitments for Platform Usage below. Any participation in this service will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the above, please do not use this service.
Our Commitment to Privacy
6DOS believes that privacy is critically important. This statement sets forth the 6DOS policy and describes the practices that we follow with respect to the privacy of the information of users of this site. As stated in our mission, your information and data is yours and not for sale.
What Personal Information We Collect
6DOS collects your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us. If you choose to sign up, we ask you to provide limited personal information, such as your name and email address. We also collect information that will allow you to establish a password.
How We Use Personal Information That We Collect Online
Internally, we may use your personal information provided to 6DOS: (1) to provide you with the services you request; (2) to answer questions about our services; billing, payment methods or use of our website; (3) to process or collect payments for our services, (4) to conduct customer surveys; and (5) to contact you about the services that we offer.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose any personal information to any third party (excluding our contractors to whom we may provide such information for the limited purpose of providing services to us and who are obligated to keep the information confidential), unless (1) you have authorized us to do so; (2) we are legally required to do so, for example, in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process and/or, (3) it is necessary to protect our property rights related to this website. We also may share aggregate, non-personal information about website usage with unaffiliated third parties. This aggregate information does not contain any personal information about our users.
How We Protect Information Online
We exercise great care to protect your personal information. This includes, among other things, using industry standard techniques such as firewalls, encryption, and intrusion detection. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. This is especially true for information you transmit to us via email since we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us since email does not have the security features that are built into our websites.
Being authentic and forthright is fundamental to the core value of 6DOS. To use the platform, you agree that you will only have one 6DOS account which must be in your real name. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law. Users are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections). You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. 6DOS reserves the right to terminate your account if you are found in violation of the rules of this user agreement.
Commitments for Platform Usage
6DOS is a community of professionals. You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated
- Use your real name on your profile
- Use the 6DOS platform in a professional manner
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on 6DOS, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views)
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of 6DOS
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer))
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights.
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of 6DOS
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by 6DOS without our express consent
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without 6DOS’s consent
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attacks, viruses, gaming algorithms)
Messages sent and received on the 6DOS platform are a fundamental part of our value. Articulating your requests in a professional manner is key. We expect users to behave like professionals. Users who are deemed to be “spamming” will be considered in violation of the usage terms and given strikes by their peers.
Users in Violation of Commitments
We have a strictly enforced three strikes and you are out policy. Upon the first violation (three strikes) of the user commitments, the user will be banned from the platform for one week. Upon the second violation (three more strikes), the user will be banned for one month. Upon the third violation (final three strikes), the user will be permanently banned from the platform.
6DOS makes money by charging a monthly fee to all users. This is how we remain operational because we never sell your data and don’t plan allow advertisements on the platform. Many times, a user’s monthly fee will be paid for by their employer. If a user leaves an employer who was paying the fee, the user can continue using the platform so long as he/she continues to pay the monthly fee themselves.
Rights and Limits
Your License to 6DOS
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your 6DOS profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful.
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services. 6DOS reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. 6DOS reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if 6DOS believes that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Commitments of Platform Usage policies).
Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights. 6DOS reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership of our Services or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
We use data and information you provide to generate a score to quantify the strength of your relationship with your connections. This score is editable so users can adjust up or down the strength of individual relationships.
Changes to the User Agreement
We may make changes to this User Agreement. If we make material changes to it, we will provide you notice to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. We agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Your continued use of the platform after we publish or send a notice about our changes to these terms means that you are consenting to the updated terms.
We do not make or offer any guarantees or warranties.
Exclusion of Liability
6DOS LLC limits all liabilities to a sum no greater than 12 months of billing per client.